Wednesday 5 November 2008

Zebras

I'm loving doing this commission and am learning a great deal along the way. People always think of Zebras as being black and white but there are so many other colours involved, their coat contains ochres, oranges and yellows, lots of which has presumably come from the dust they have been rolling in plus colours get reflected on animals coats from their surroundings. Even the black stripes aren't "just black" as they reflect light, curve with the bodies etc so I have to be careful I get this right. Don't forget you can click on the picture to see a larger version.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

this is looking awesome! What a fun commission to have, the pose is so great and the fur pattern is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a brilliant commission! The photography is incredible and I'm able to get beautiful detail from it and it's making me want to do more wildlife now! :-D